Saturday, June 11, 2011

Then & Now

i taught myself to crochet in 2002 when i found out i was pregnant with my 1st child... my grandmother had always tried to teach me but i never got further then making a chain. oh yes i would have miles and miles of chain. my first project was a blanket that i made for my child that was on the way, she was due in august of 2003. it was multi colored and actually what made me decide to start crocheting was because i found a bag of the yarn that belonged to my grandmother and she has started this item which looked to be the start of a baby blanket...it only had maybe 5-6 rows...so i played with it and figured out how she made the stitches and i went ahead and finished it for my daughter! below is a picture of the blanket....






since then i have made many many things...i have taught myself to read patterns as well as write them... here are some photos of things i have made over the years...







No comments:

Post a Comment